To obtain a position where I can excel in my skills, gain experience, and help the company and community grow.
- Location : Plattsburgh, New York
- Major : Computer Science
- Minor : Web Design And Programming
- Degree : Bachelor of Science
- Grade Level : Sophomore
- Expected Graduation Date : May 2019
At SUNY Plattsburgh, I was given the opportunity to widen my knowledge of computers:
I began to learn how to program. Currently I consider myself very proficient in the
programming languages of Python, C, C++, Linux and Pearl. Choosing to major in computer
science and even being computer oriented prior to coming to college, has given me a chance
to work with some amazing individuals. Below are some of my major classes that has helped me move
a step forward towards achieving my goal of becoming a successful programmer:
- Introduction To Public Speaking
- Listening and interpersonal skills necessary for communicating effectively.
- Introduction To UNIX/LINUX
- Study of the features of the UNIX/Linux operating systems from the standpoint of a user.
- Introduction To Computing And Web
- Introduction to computer science through Web-based projects.
Describes the basic operations of computers covering hardware and software.
Covers the use of communication technology through the Internet.
Focuses on problem solving and algorithms.
- Discrete Math & Computer Applications
- Basic propositional and predicate logic. Concepts of sets, relations and functions.
Directed and undirected graphs and trees; traversals. Solving recurrences.
Basic Modular arithmetic. Counting and discrete probability
- Introduction To Programming
- Problem solving through constructing ad-hoc algorithms and translating
them into well designed and correct programs in an object-oriented programming
language (currently Python).
Black Onyx Club
- General Member : Fall 2015 – Spring 2016
- Social Chair : May 2016 – Present
- Black Onyx is the Black Student Union at SUNY Plattsburgh. The purpose of this organization
is to raise the level of consciousness and cultural awareness to the student population and
community at Plattsburgh, and to make the period of adjustment of college life easier for multi-cultural students.
The organization strives to seek solutions to issues common to all students. It strives to promote a sense of
pride in both the black and multi-cultural heritage.Black Onyx attempts to raise the awareness and promote a
sense of unity on the Plattsburgh State Campus and within the community about culture, through educational
and socal activities.
- Public Relations : May 2016 – Present
- Club Caribbean's mission is to educate the SUNY Plattsburgh
community as well the surrounding neighborhood on the different Caribbean
cultures through our general meetings and special events.
Copyright © 2016 Akeem Dainty